Coming home late one night from one of my girlfriends soccer games, I put in this one cd of Robert's titled country mix that he had made, this was the first time I listened to this cd. As I turned onto the street where Robert wrecked his truck, the country song The Dance, by Garth Brooks started playing. The version that also has the talking throughout the song of Dale Ernhardt and his life,last moments, and tragic wreck. Listening to the words that night, I couldn't hold back the tears. The words in the song go like this... I could have missed the pain, but I'd of had to miss, the dance..... Robert and I had started taking ballroom and salsa dance classes.
Well, tonight, I photographed an event that was my highschool ten year reunion. Just before packing up my equipment, the country song by Garth Brooks, The Dance started playing. It was the last song of the night. Even though Robert wasn't physically there with me, I could feel his presence in my heart. I have fixed my eyes on what is unseen..
<< Home